Friday, May 13, 2011

2 weeks into sabbatical

I'm two weeks into sabbatical.

There are a few things I've learned already.

- I needed this.  My time with my family has been HUGE.
- I can't imagine renovating a kitchen while not on sabbatical. It's A LOT of work.
- And my body aches.  How do professional construction workers do this every day? *tucking in my sKirt*
- My tool belt lacks a sufficient holster for my channel locks.
- I can not find a common pair of scissors to save my life.
- Loose insulation is the bane of this work project.
- There is a lull in obvious progress between demolition and installation.  It's called plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.  And it's where we are right now.
- I LOVE coaching my boys in baseball and T-ball.
- All of the above has required an average of 1.75 showers per day.

Thanks, Hope, for blessing me and my family with this time away.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment